Sunday, June 22, 2014

And now they're gone...


At last, I get to enjoy being out in my garden listening to the birds.

We were really pleased with the work the landscapers did, and they were very pleasant guys. But we are glad they are gone. :)

My south facing bed is about 2 - 4 ft deeper. And that can only mean one thing--plant shopping!!!


I did get one little treat for a shady corner of the patio, and that is this sweet meditation Buddha. It makes a very soft musical sound so nice to have it close to the seating area. I added some aqua sea glass to the bowl the lotus flower spills water into. The flower has orange LED lights in it under the water so I am really looking forward to seeing it later this evening.

I better enjoy this quiet evening before the planting begins!!!

I hope you are all enjoying this kick-off to sweet summer! 

Update: I captured a short clip of the fountain at night. I think the water looks like liquid flames. I like!



8 comments:

Casa Mariposa said...

Your patio is beautiful!! You could add some containers to expand your garden space. :o)

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

Casa, great minds think alike!! Of course I am also thinking already of adding some beds along the corners! Lol

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Ms S. girl !
Your landscapers did a wonderful job! .. you are going to enjoy it so much and the meditation Buddha is perfect ... I have had mine for several years and you can't help but feel a sense of peace and welcomed quiet when you look at him .. every garden should have that sort of space. I wish I could see it in the evening with the lights and water you have going there .. it has to be absolutely fantastic !
Now if only my company would get the move on so I can enjoy the privacy and quiet afterwards too!LOL
ENJOY !
Joy : )
PS ... plant shopping never ends .. it is a continuous process: )

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

Joy, I do love that little corner by my lounger. I added a link to the fountain at night. I think I will have to sit out there every evening after a bit of weeding with a blanket and my Off clip- on to keep the Mosquitos away! Oh, and a nice cup of tea! :)

Marguerite said...

Beautiful work!! I love the circle in the middle. Very well done and extra garden space to boot. You must be really happy. A beautiful spot to sit and listen to the fountain.

Diane at My Cottage Garden said...

It's just gorgeous! Have fun plant shopping. Can't wait to see what you put in there. Enjoy.

sweetbay said...

I like your patio! The water in front of the Buddha really does look like liquid flames. Very nice!

GRACE PETERSON said...

Very nice video. And that patio is To Die For! I love it and the bare dirt is going to be full of lovely plants and look awesome. Don't you love this time of year? Have fun.