Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Evening Hush in the Woods

We went on a family walk in the nearby ravine Saturday evening. My little stream that was gushing enthusiastically in April has now quieted

A drift of starry snow from the poplar trees floats down it now

Hushing everything under its soft blanket

Now, if fairie folk still walked these woods, I think this is what they would be stuffing their duvets with for a soft summer sleep, don't you?

(My little son, enchanted by it all)

“Child of the pure, unclouded brow And dreaming eyes of wonder! Though time be fleet and I and thou Are half a life asunder, Thy loving smile will surely hail The love-gift of a fairy tale” ~ Lewis Carroll

2 comments:

Ruthie Redden said...

what beautiful ethereal photos, and the one of your son brings back lovely memories of my own boy playing "pooh sticks".

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

Ah, yes, "pooh sticks". We will have to teach him that little game:)