Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Evening Hush in the Woods

We went on a family walk in the nearby ravine Saturday evening. My little stream that was gushing enthusiastically in April has now quieted

A drift of starry snow from the poplar trees floats down it now

Hushing everything under its soft blanket

Now, if fairie folk still walked these woods, I think this is what they would be stuffing their duvets with for a soft summer sleep, don't you?

(My little son, enchanted by it all)

“Child of the pure, unclouded brow And dreaming eyes of wonder! Though time be fleet and I and thou Are half a life asunder, Thy loving smile will surely hail The love-gift of a fairy tale” ~ Lewis Carroll

2 comments:

ruthie said...

what beautiful ethereal photos, and the one of your son brings back lovely memories of my own boy playing "pooh sticks".

The Garden Ms. S said...

Ah, yes, "pooh sticks". We will have to teach him that little game:)