Saturday, September 26, 2009

So long, and thanks for all the fish

The signs are there. I can't deny it. I've seen you looking for your suitcases.

My tender flowers, nestled at the back entrance, I can see you are almost ready to go.

Dear flowers, I am delighted to say, you have all been great summer guests.

I hear from the weatherman that it's only a matter of days, or even hours. So as my toddler would say, "Bye bye flowers!" Please tell your relatives they are welcome to join us next year.

6 comments:

Jan said...

Knowing our flowers will be back next year does make the coming of winter a little more bearable.

Jan
Always Growing

sweetbay said...

It's always hard to see the end of the blooming season. Thank goodness for seed catalogs in January!

Deborah at Kilbourne Grove said...

It seems like summer has just started, and now it is over. Well, lots of time to plan, who will be living with me next year.

Muhammad khabbab said...

I think it is sad to say goodbye to these blooming beauties but here in the fall, we are getting ready for huge planting of bulbs and spring annuals which are much larger in number than those summer bloomers.

Jan said...

I like the way you wrote this...it's a nice way of looking at things! I'm kind of having a hard time, myself, dealing with the fact that my flowers are on their 'last legs', so to speak:-( It's the circle of life, I know...but sometimes it's just hard to face!

OF SPRING AND SUMMER said...

It looks like still a lot of colour in your garden. Bring some indoors to enjoy!!